Freelance digital and Sculptor/Model maker with 17+ Years of experience
I have experience of -
- Design of figurines using sketches and sketch models.
- Sculpting of figurines using various materials including sculpting waxes, polymer clays, epoxy putties.
- Digital Sculpting with ZBrush and Freeform
- Moulding and casting of figurines in silicones and polyurethane resins.
- Painting and finishing of figurines.
- Product design
- Sketching product concepts.
- Product artwork creation, alteration and packaging design.
- Range planning and design approvals.
- Product approvals at all stages (Concepts, prototypes, Pre-production and production samples)
Worked on toys and character products for various different companies including - Hasbro (Risk, Monopoly, D&D , Action Man, A.T.O.M), BBC (Bob the Builder, Teletubbies, Tweenies, Fimbles), Wedgewood, Royal Doulton, Tomy, Mcdonalds, Wesco, Disney (Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse etc), Warner Bros (Looney Toons, Harry Potter), Fox (Simpsons), Aardman (Chicken Run), Hensons (Hoobs), Lucasfilm (Star Wars)
BA(hons) Degree Information Design - Specialism in Sculpting and Modelmaking - 1995- 1998 (3 years)
Taking on freelance digital and traditional sculpting and model making projects. Past projects have included Doctor who Titans and various designer toys for Lunartik Ltd and Stargate figurines for Quantum Mechanix
University work placement
Worked on various character products, toys and figurines for companies and brands like - including Disney, Warner Bros, Harry Potter, Bob the Builder, Winnie the Pooh and many others.
Also trained on Sensable Freeform (now geomagic Freeform) for digital sculpting and 3d printing
Worked on various products for brands - Mr Men and Little Miss, Bubblegum, The Turds, Badass Cars